Wednesday, September 21, 2011

May I introduce...

...my go-to vegan chef, Isa Chandra Moskowitz.

Yes, it is quite predictable, but every food niche needs their celebrity chef. The French cooking enthusiasts had Julia Child, there was Betty Crocker... well, Betty Crocker was a name for a brand- it's not even a real person. And then there's Rachael Ray... I'm not even sure what she does other than make obnoxious acronyms.

I'm getting sidetracked.

Ah! Yes, Isa. Isa is a chick I can relate to. With the help of Terry Romero, also pictured above, she started off with a public-access television cooking show, The Post Punk Kitchen, and moved on to publish cookbooks and maintain a rockin' website. Well, maybe I can't relate with any of that stuff, but that kitchen looks a lot like mine, and I like punk rock too!

I felt the need to introduce you to Isa because you will see many of her recipes pop up in my meals, whether they're just influences or full on replicas. Actually, you already met one of her recipes- the banana pancakes. I just added the flaxseed powder... all by myself, woo. Well, here's another one:


I still had mushrooms and green beans left over from last week's farm share, which naturally sounds like it needs to be made into a casserole. So, I made this recipe, but I didn't really have enough green beans. Also, I knew I wanted to make lentils with this dish, but I couldn't figure out how I wanted to cook them. So, I'm stuck with a casserole with too much sauce, and lentils with nothing to go with them. Hm. Screw it, just mix 'em!

Now, I feel very much like being recumbent and reading, cuz that was heavy.

Soundtrack for the preparation was Deftones- Around the Fur and Mastodon- Blood Mountain. There also might have been a little bit of Boys Night Out- Make Yourself Sick. Okay, fine, there was a lot.

-panda-

No comments:

Post a Comment